Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 2 at Hackbright

It's been over 5 years since I've updated this blog, but here goes.

Today was my second day of class at Hackbright Academy.  It's a whirlwind! So many super-smart, ambitious and interesting women in one place. Already I feel like I've learned more than I thought possible in such a short time.

My brain seems to be adjusting well to the code mindset. It's been so much fun to work through the assignments and problems, and to see the various solutions that everyone comes up with. I can't help but compare it to food -- particularly recipe writing, which I have plenty of experience doing.

Both rely on a specific set of ingredients and tools, and a static code for telling the user how to combine those elements into the desired product. Good recipes, like good code, follow rules about syntax, order and logic. And just like in cooking, if you're writing code, the best way to tell if you did something wrong is by sampling the end product!


No comments: