Friday, May 3, 2013

Bigtime Week 9

Another week is flying by and we're getting really close to Career Day (May 7)! Things are moving along pretty well with my project, though of course there's always going to be more to do on it.

For now, here's a flow chart I put together for a tech talk on MVC (Model-View-Controller) model in Flask. For those unfamiliar with the jargon, MVC is the architectural framework for the type of applications we're all building, and Flask is a web framework for implementing MVC.



Making it helped me understand all these moving parts and how they interact with each other; getting a firm grasp on these parts meant I was able to focus a lot more on writing my code and planning ahead... It feels great to have demystified one tiny little portion of web engineering for myself! Hope others might find it useful too.

No comments: